DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Häfele UK Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Access for use of our web site and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Personal data means information about a living individual, and does not apply to information we hold about limited companies or other corporate bodies. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Häfele UK limited of Swift Valley Industrial Estate, Rugby CV21 1RD.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process data about you which may include but not be limited to the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in account opening and other forms whether that is in writing or on our website www.hafele.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, posting material or ordering further goods. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Häfele UK limited, or when you report a problem with our website.
- Information in communications between us, including correspondence, email and notes of meetings and telephone conversations.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions between us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Where available, we may collect information about your computer for system administration, which may include but not be limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
Häfele UK Limited also use Google Analytics to help analyse the usage of this site. Google Analytics uses “cookie” technology as described above and the information generated (including the IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on Google servers within the United States. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ usage of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Häfele UK Limited.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where:
- They are required to do so by law.
- Third parties process the information on Google’s behalf
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google
Häfele UK Limited will not (and will not allow any third party) use Google Analytics to track or collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any other source as part of our use of Google Analytics.
By using this website you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Neither Häfele UK Limited nor Google will link, or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using appropriate technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you for various purposes which may include but not be limited to the following:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have told us you do not want to receive that information
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form and registration form).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Häfele UK limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Access or Conditions of Sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Häfele UK limited, our customers, or others.
We may exchange information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. If we search your record at the credit reference agencies, they will add to your record details of our search and your application for credit and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to one or more of your partners. For the purposes of this application you may be treated as financially linked and your application will be assessed with reference to “associated” records.
If you are a joint applicant or if you have told us of some other financial association with another person, you must be sure that you are entitled to:
- Disclose information about your joint applicant and anyone referred to by you;
- Authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies about you or anyone referred by you.
An “association” between joint applicants and between you and anyone you tell us is your financial partner will be created at credit reference agencies. This will link your financial records, each of which will betaken into account in all future applications by either or both of you. This will continue until one of you successfully files a disassociation at credit reference agencies.
We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application.
We may also add to your record with the credit reference agencies details of your registration with us, the orders you make and any payments you make under them and any default or failure to keep to the Conditions of Sale. It is important that you give us accurate information. We will check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
These records will be shared with other organisations and used by us and them to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent money laundering and fraud and to manage your accounts.
For these purposes we or they may make further searches. Although these searches will be added to your record, they will not be shared with others.
Please contact us if you want to have details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
We only issue e-mail marketing messages to opt-in subscribers. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive email marketing information from us contact us at email@example.com and instruct us to remove your email address from our database. For us to be able to do so, please include your email address in the body of your email and write “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. You can also unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the foot of all our email communications.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Swift Valley Industrial Estate, Rugby, CV21 1RD or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.